Vivaldi doesn’t top the list of the most popular web browsers, but it is gradually becoming more and more well known for a number of reasons, including its incredible performance, efficiency, stability, and security.
Unfortunately, it isn’t the default browser on any platform, or device, therefore, you need to download and install Vivaldi on your Mac or Windows by yourself.
Here’s how to do it.
How to download and install Vivaldi Browser on Mac
- Step 1: go to https://vivaldi.com/
- Step 2: once there, click any of the blue boxes that say “Download Vivaldi”
- Step 3: The download will start automatically, it’s a DMG file of about 200 MB. You’ll be redirected to a page that says “You’re in for a treat”, but all you have to do is wait for the download to finish, there is nothing to do there!
- Step 4: double click over the .dmg file (or use one of the fantastic Alfred Workflows to open your last downloaded item)
- Step 5: Accept the End User License Agreement, and wait for the .dmg to be verified.
- Step 6: within the window that will pop up, just drag and drop the Vivaldi icon over the Applications Folder
From now on you’ll find Vivaldi Browser on your Launchpad, on your Applications’ folder, or when using Spotlight.
- Note: Vivaldi is M1 Ready, so if you have a laptop or Mac with Apple Silicon, you won’t have any problem using this browser.
How to download and install Vivaldi Browser on iPhone or iPad
Unfortunately, by the time of writing this guide (April 2022), there is no Vivaldi version available for iPhone or iPad, so it’s not possible to use this browser on Apple mobile devices.
If at any point is available, you’ll find it on the App Store.
Until then, my recommendation for you is to use Brave Browser.
How to download and install Vivaldi Browser on a PC with Windows 11
The steps for downloading and installing Vivaldi on a PC with Windows are pretty similar to on Mac.
But in this case, I’d rather recommend you go to https://vivaldi.com/download/, and from there, use the dropdown menu to select if you want to download the 64 or the 32-bit version.
You’ll get an .exe of about 80 MB. All you have to do is double click on it and follow the installation instructions.
How to download and install Vivaldi Browser on an Android device
If you want to install and use Vivaldi on your Android device:
- Open the Play Store app, and search for Vivaldi Browser. Alternatively, you can use the official and direct link to the App.
- Tap on the install button and wait for the app to download,
Note: you’ll need at least Android 6 – Marshmallow to run Vivaldi Browser on your Android device.
As you have seen, it’s very easy to download the Vivaldi web browser on (almost) any device!
Remember that you’ll also have available a Linux version if you use that OS.