SERPROBOT is an online tool that will allow you to discover and track in which position of the SERP (Search Engine Result Page) your pages are for the different keywords you are trying to rank.
For instance, I could use it to check if my review of The Moneytizer is moving up as I add more content or create backlinks to it; and more important, if once I’m on the top 3/5, if I lose positions because other sites overtake me.
This is especially useful because if a page is generating good income (due to an affiliate program you are using there, or because the CPM/CPC is high) you must take care of it in order to know when it may have a negative trend to avoid it and thus avoid losing money.
Free SERPROBOT SERP Checker
SERPROBOT is a paid SEO tool, we will talk about its price later in the guide (don’t worry, you’ll see that is really affordable)
However, besides its 14 days Free Trial, it also offers a free SERP Checker that you can use as many times as you want!
Here you’ll have to choose:
- The region where you would like to track your keywords, because Google USA shows totally different results than Google UK.
- The device, because results for Desktop are different than results for mobiles phones or tablets.
- The domain you’d like to track.
- Note I: this is going to be usually yours, if you want to track your competition, you can click on “check for competitors’ URLs” to add them, so you can compare yourself to them.
- Note II: the use URL check will only check the specific link you write on the box, and not all the pages from your domain.
- And the keywords, you can add up to 10 here.
As you can see in the example above, I’m still not ranking for the keyword I used, but if it were:
- Keyword would show the word/phrase that is ranking on Google
- Position would show the rank on the Google SERPs, like “position 12”
- URL would show the URL that is ranking for that keyword, this is interesting because maybe you are not ranking with the page you would like to!
Besides that, you’ll be able to also see the top 10 results for that keyword, this is, your direct competition.
This is a great list because you’d be able to analyze them, compare your content with theirs, and find areas for improvement.
This free SERP Checker is very useful for specific cases, but it misses one of the most important points when we talk about a rank tracker, and this is: the tracking.
With this free tool, you’d have to:
- Check the keywords manually every day, something that would be very time-consuming.
- Write down your position for every keyword every day.
As you can see, it wouldn’t make sense.
That’s where the paid plan comes in.
SERPROBOT is very cheap, making it a perfect solution for large projects, or for situations where you handle many projects at the same time.
Their plans vary according to how many “bots” you want to hire, each robot is able to track up to 300 keywords (per day) each month.
What you can do manually with the free SERP Checker, the bot will do it for you.
- If you want to pay monthly, each bot costs about $5.
- And if you want to pay yearly, each bot costs around $60, which is again $5 per month, so there are no discounts for paying in advance, but it’s easier for accounting purposes.
1 SerpBot is the minimum amount of bots you can hire.
- If you want to track between 1 and 300 keywords per month (with daily updates), you will need just 1 serpbot.
- If you want to track between 301 and 600 keywords per month (with daily updates), you will need to hire 2 serp-bots.
- And so on.
If you do a little research, you will see that there are plans that are a little bit more advancedbecause you can hire serp-bots that check the SERPs more than once a day.
If you remember 1 bot can track up to 300 keywords daily (24h period), and that will cost you $4.99.
But if you want/need, you could for instance
- Track 300 keywords twice a day: you’d need two bots for that.
- Or Track 100 keywords daily every 8 hours, you’d need just 1 bot for that.
If you have trouble with maths, you could use the SERPBot calculator you’ll find on their pricing page.
However, unless you are working on very critical projects, it’s not usually necessary to check the SERPs more than once a day, so you can just stick with the concept that you need 1 bot for every 300 keywords.
There are no strings attached (you can leave at any time), so everything is pretty transparent.
And besides VISA and MasterCard credit, debit, and prepaid cards, you can also pay with PayPal, which is pretty convenient.
SERPROBOT, features and how to use it
The sign-up process is pretty straightforward, an email and a password are all you need to start using the app.
You’ll need to verify your email, but otherwise, that’s it!
You don’t need to add any payment method to start the 14-day free trial!, so after the email verification, you’ll get to the main interface of the web app.
About the Free Trial
The Free 14-day trial of SERPROBOT is fully functional, however, your free serp-bot will only be able to track up to 25 keywords per day (instead of 300).
But it is more than enough for a worker who does not have a salary!
In SERPROBOT, you’ll organize your trackings using projects.
You can think of a project as basically “a website” although as you’ll see, this is not exactly true.
If you click on the “New Project” button, you’ll see. a popup window with all the data you need to define in order to create a new one:
- Project Name: used internally.
- Project type: you can choose here the platform where you want to track your ranks, this usually will be Google, but there is also Yahoo, Bing, Google LOCAL, and even YouTube!
- Domain: is the URL of the website you’d like to track, usually, yours.
- Remember that usually you’d like to track your whole website “Allow URL Unchecked)
- Keywords you want to track: don’t worry, you’ll be able to add more later.
- Note: if you want to add many from the beginning, click on the buffer button so you can easily paste them into a field box.
- Google Region: this is important because you can choose Google as a project type, but you’ll have to specify from which region.
- Search device: rankings vary depending on where the search is made from, what’s more important for you?
- Search Location: even if you set Google.com (USA) as a Region the results of the search engine result page will be different depending on the exact location, especially if your keywords are location-related.
There are also a couple of advanced settings regarding the language and the location, unless you know what are you doing (and why), the best choice is to let these options as “Auto”.
- Important note: some fields will vary depending on the project type. If you pick for instance YouTube, you can add just one video to track, not your whole channel.
A project is not a website!
Now you probably understand why I was lying to you when I told you that a project is a website.
If you’ve noticed, you can only pick one option on many of the fields.
That means that if you want to track how your website is doing it in the USA, but also in Canada, you’ll need to create two projects with two different Google Regions: Google.com, and Google.ca.
The same applies if you want to track desktop devices/mobiles, Google Search/Bing, and so on.
This is not a limitation of SERPROBOT, this is how all rank trackers work.
Rank tracking tools are usually very easy to use, as besides setting up the projects, you don’t have to do anything else but analyze the results.
You’ll do so opening each project from the sidebar:
Within the Project Summary Section, you’ll see the details of the project you’ve just created, but besides that, here you’ll be able to do a couple of interesting things:
- You can change the frequency of the checkings, although 24h is a sweet spot.
- You can add competitors’ URLs, to see how they are doing for the same keyword you are tracking.
- Add personal notes to the project.
And what is more useful, schedule email reports so you’ll get daily, weekly or monthly updates directly on your inbox, or in any email you decide (what makes SERPROBOT a good match for SEO agencies)
Other than that, you’ll find all the data you need in the Summary section, in a powerful sortable table that will show you, for each keyword:
- Change: how the keyword has moved during the specified time frame
- Latest: the “current” position on the SERPs for the specified keyword
- Best: your best position on the SERPs (very useful)
- Volume: an estimation of the traffic you are getting for the current position.
You can also force a check from here, add tags for the keyword, or isolate it on the graph chart so that you can easily see its evolution over time.
Within the Dashboard section, you’ll be able to set up Alerts for your projects.
Alerts are notifications sent to your (or any) email, that will let you know for instance if any keyword enters the top 10 (so you can push it harder), if it leaves the top, if it changes significantly (up or down)…
It’s one of the most powerful features of SERPROBOT because these changes can be very good or very bad for your business.
SERPREPORTS – Whitelabel site
If you go to your SERPROBOT Settings > Access, you’ll be able to generate “view keys”.
Each view key can be associated with one, or several projects, and the cool thing about them, is that you can share it with your clients (if for instance, you have an SEO agency)
They will use then those keys to login into another site called: https://serpreports.com/, which is basically a read-only version of SERPROBOT.
This is very professional, because instead of static email reports, they will get access to an interactive interface where they’ll be able to set filters, change data ranges, and so on.
If you are a developer, you’ll also be able to buy API Credits (starting at 10,000 per $15)
Alternatives to SERPROBOT
There are hundreds of SERP Trackers in the market.
Two of my favorites are:
- SERPWatcher, by Mangools (you can track up to 200 keywords, plans start from $30 per month, and they include other nice tools like KWFinder and LinkMiner.
- And SERanking: a superpowerful All-in-one SEO Suite. Plans start at $15 per month for 250 keywords.
There are many more on the market.
The “problem” with all of them is that the tracking module is usually part of a much larger SEO suite, which makes such solutions much more expensive.
SERPROBOT, opinion and recommendation
Having all your information together is very convenient, so probably you’d like to have one main SEO Suite for your main project.
However, if you have many other projects and niche sites you will find that tracking all the keywords in these suites, is very costly.
- Tracking 1,500 keywords using SERPWatcher, by Mangools will cost you $80 per month!
- The same 1,500 keywords tracking with SERPROBOT will cost you $25 per month: 3 times less.
I don’t need to recommend you this application too highly because you will soon discover that using it is a financially smart decision, it offers a lot for its tiny price, so if you are looking for a cheap and reliable Rank Tracker, look no further.
Leave a Reply