Streamlabs Prime is the pro version of Streamlabs, the software that makes it easy for you to do live streaming and screen recordings.
Streamlabs is free, but Streamlabs Prime has a cost.
How much it costs, what it offers, and whether it’s worth it or not, is what you’ll see in this guide to Streamlabs Prime!
What is Streamlabs Prime?
Streamlabs Prime is the paid membership plan that unlocks more powerful features on the free Streamlabs Desktop App.
That is, you won’t have to download any extra application or anything similar.
Streamlabs Prime is an upgrade that is associated with your Streamlabs account.
Of course, is totally optional, you are not obliged to use it, and if you sign up, you may do so only temporarily.
But what does Streamlabs Prime include?
What do you get with Streamlabs Prime?
In this section, we will cover what Streamlabs Prime does.
In other words, what are the benefits and features offered by this plan.
Benefit #1 – Partners discounts
Let’s start with the easiest one!
If you join Streamlabs Prime, you’ll get instant access to some discounts from other companies that have partnered with Streamlabs.
You’ll access those offers from your Profile Menu > Partner discounts.
Currently, there are 7 discounts available, but more could be added in the future:
Right now you will be able to access:
- Gamer Advantage (blue light blocking gaming glasses): take 20% off your purchase
- KontrolFreek: 15% off your purchases.
- NordVPN: 81% off with 3-year plan (you’ll get a powerful VPN for less than $3 per month)
- Arozzi (gaming chairs): 10% discount on the items.
- GamerGoo (keep your hands dry, cool, and sweat-free): discount on all full-price items.
- SCUF Gaming (custom controllers): 5% discount.
- Gamer Supps (energy drinks): 10% discount on all full-price items.
Just by using one of these discounts, you will have already paid for your monthly membership.
Benefit #2 – Multistream
Speaking about the streaming app itself, one of the biggest features that the Prime membership unlocks, is the multistream.
This is the ability to broadcast your content on different platforms at the same time.
With the multistream Prime feature, you’ll be able to send your content to:
- And two additional RTMP sources.
All at the same time!
This is pretty neat because it will let you expand your reach and get more fans without additional effort on your side.
This multistream will group YouTube, Facebook and Twitch chat in one place, so it will also help you to better manage your audience’s comments.
Benefit #3 – Apps to enhance your streaming
The Prime status will give you access to up to 40 apps that will allow you to improve your streamings.
Here you could find for instance:
- SpeechChat: which reads out chat messages with Text-To-Speech technology!
- StreamLowerThirds: Fully Customisable Lower Thirds for Your Stream.
- “Annotate and Draw”, for, well, annotate and draw on top of your stream!
- Keypress Hero: to show your keyboard on stream and let them see your skill.
- And many, many more!
Using these apps is really easy, you just need to install the ones you want from the App Store website.
After that, they will appear as a source on your Streamlabs Desktop App.
Benefit #4 – Custom Tip Page
When you sign up for Streamlabs, you can get a default “tip page” like the following, where you can get money from your fans.
It works, but it doesn’t look very professional.
But with the Prime membership, you’ll be able to customize this site, even adding your own domain instead of the default one (https://streamlabs.com/javiercristobalgutierrez/tip in my case)
You can change several things here (fonts, typography, buttons, adding a Twitter feed…)
But even applying one of the ready for use themes, makes a difference.
Benefit #5 – YouTube Thumbnail Creator
Streamlabs prime includes a YouTube Thumbnail Creator with several templates available.
These templates are editable, so you can create professional-looking templates that attract more views.
Benefit #6 – Twitch Panel Creator
This benefit is very similar to the previous one, but in this case, the templates you’ll be able to pick and edit are Twitch panels so your viewers easily donate, buy merch, visit socials, and more.
Benefit #7 – Pro Scene, Alert Boxes and Widget Themes
Streamblabs has a vast extension of themes which will save you a lot of time when setting up your scenes.
In the Prime plan, you will have access to many more of these themes, they not only look more professional, but they are also more unique.
Remember that these pro themes are not only available for themes/overlays, but also for Alert Boxes & Widgets.
Benefit #8 – Premium Merch Store Items
With the prime status, you’ll be able to open a Premium Merch Store where you’ll be able to sell quality branded merch to your audience.
Remember that Streamlabs handles everything, from printing to shipping to customer support.
All you need to do is just point your audience to your store.
Benefit #9 – Premium mobile features
Streamlabs has a mobile app available for iOS and Android.
This App is completely free to use, however, if you join Prime, you’ll get some extra features like mobile multistreaming, mobile themes, removing the watermark, and disconnect protection.
In addition to all of the above, Streamlabs Prime also offers a number of other benefits:
- Sound Library: huge library of sounds to use for your alerts. DMCA free.
- Gold Status: if you are a Prime member, you immediately get the Gold status level on the Streamlabs loyalty program. Learn all the benefits here.
- Custom Cloudbot name: Do you want to customize the name of your Cloudbot?. With Prime, you can!
- Extra Space: you already know where Streamlabs saves the recordings. This extra 10GB storage will be useful for storing your videos, gifs, images, and everything else you could need during your streams.
- VIP Support.
Streamlabs Prime Pricing
Contrary to other services and applications, Streamlabs has only one paid plan.
This paid plan is known as Prime.
So, if you join the Streamlabs paid plan (Prime) you will have access to ALL its features.
You don’t have to choose between one level or another, which makes the decision easier to make.
However, this unique paid plan offers two payment options: monthly and annual.
- Within the monthly plan, you’ll be charged $19 per month. So if you sign up for instance the 17th, your following charges will be made on the 17th of the following month.
- IMPORTANT: below you’ll find a coupon code that makes this payment cheaper.
- With the annual plan instead, you’ll be charged $149 upfront, and you won’t be charged again until the next year. This equals about $12.42/mo, but remember that you are paying the whole year upfront!
- IMPORTANT: the coupon code I’m sharing with you later is also valid for the annual plan!
In both cases, you can modify or cancel your subscription at any time in the Memberships section.
The savings with the annual payment is remarkable ($149 vs $228, $79 less) so this is the one I recommend if you know you will be using Streamlabs on an ongoing basis.
You can pay your Streamlabs Prime subscription using PayPal, which is very handy, or by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex) which is also very convenient.
Streamlabs Prime Coupon Code Discount!
If you want to save some bucks, you can sign up for Streamlabs Prime using any of the links you’ll find around the guide.
Or if you rather prefer, you can also use the following coupon code:
By doing that, you’ll get a discount on the membership! So the Streamlabs Prime cost will be reduced.
In particular, you’ll save:
The discount is applied automatically on the checkout, so you don’t have to do anything but use one of my FAN Links!
How to Get Streamlabs Prime
Joining Streamlabs Prime is pretty easy.
All you have to do is:
- Go to http://streamlabs.com/goprime
- Click on “Join Prime”.
- Sign in with your account if you do not have one or are not logged in yet.
- Select the billing cycle, monthly or annual.
- Add the coupon code javiercristobalgutierrez-4a25-10 and Apply it.
- Select the payment method (Card or PayPal) and click on Next.
After the payment, you’ll get to a splash page that shows you some of the prime benefits.
But you already know them, so just close this window by clicking on the X button on the top right of the screen.
Important note before Joining Streamlabs Prime!
Within the checkout page, and before making the payment, please confirm that you are using the account you want the benefits of Prime to be applied on.
As we said at the beginning of the guide, Prime is not an application, but the unlocking of extra features in an account, so you need to make sure you’re on the one you want to use.
Can you get Streamlabs Prime for Free?
This is not possible as Streamlabs Prime is a paid membership.
However, if you use the coupon code mentioned before, you can get the first month for just $10, and if you decide to pay annually, the membership is very affordable, just around $12 per month.
How to cancel Streamlabs Prime
You can cancel your Streamlabs Prime subscription at any time.
We have a detailed guide about the full process, but if you want the quick steps, those are:
- Step #1 – Log in to your Streamlabs account on the website
- Step #2 – Go to the Membership section (under your profile picture)
- Step #3 – Click on “Manage subscriptions”
- Step #4 – Click on “Need to change your Streamlabs membership plan? > Continue here”.
- Step #5 – Click on the “Cancel Plan” button.
- Step #6 – State your cancelation reason and click on “continue canceling”.
- Step #7 – Click the box that says that you understand all the benefits you lose after canceling the prime subscription and click on “continue canceling” again.
- Step #8 – Click on “Confirm cancelation”.
Wrap-up, is Streamlabs Prime Worth it?
Streamlabs Prime aims mainly to all the streamers who want to monetize their work.
If you just need to use the multistream feature, Streamlabs Prime is already worth it, since all the alternatives you can look for in the market are usually more expensive if you want this feature.
The other benefits you have seen are, in my opinion, complementary, but they will help you a lot:
- Improving the quality of your streams (thanks to the premium themes and widgets, the apps, and the royalty-free sound library).
- Earning more money (thanks to the customization of the tips page, or the premium merchandising store)
- Working faster, creating better thumbnails for Youtube, or panels for Twitch.
So, is Streamlabs Prime worth it?
At least is worth it to try!
Remember that with the coupon code (javiercristobalgutierrez-4a25-10) you could get one month for just $10, with no extra strings attached.
One month is enough time to try all the features firsthand and find out if this streaming application is really for you or not.