Thrive Automator is the last addition to the Thrive Suite family, the membership of plugins and themes that will help you out with your online business.
In this Thrive Automator Review, you’ll discover what this plugin is for, and how you can use it to have a smarter website that runs on autopilot.
Thrive Automator pricing
All of the plugins from the Thrive suite membership are paid ones.
You have to buy them as a standalone plugin or as a whole pack in the membership (which allows you to use all of them)
This is not the case with Thrive Automator.
Thrive Automator is 100% FREE!
And it always will be.
Unlimited licenses, on unlimited sites, with unlimited features.
How to get Thrive Automator
In order to get Thrive Automator on your site, you’ll need to create a free Thrive Themes account.
From that account, you’ll be able to download the Thrive Product Manager plugin.
Install it on your WordPress by uploading it, and then open it from the sidebar to find the Thrive Automator product, you’ll be able to install it with just one click.
After that, you’ll find it also on the WordPress Admin panel Sidebar > Thrive Dashboard > Thrive Automator.
How does Thrive Automator work?
At first, it’s a bit difficult to understand what is Thrive Automator and how it can help you.
Think about this plugin as your own Zapier.
With Thrive Automator you’ll be able to create automations inside your WordPress, running actions according to the triggers you decide.
The best part is that this can happen on a per-user basis.
- If a user leaves a testimonial (using Thrive Ovation), you could automatically enroll him in a new course (using Thrive Apprentice as a thank you)
- Or you can launch a Thrive Ultimatum campaign if a user leaves a comment.
I think you get the idea!
Thrive Automator integrations
As it usually happens, there are two limitations when using automation tools like this one:
- Your imagination
- Your triggers and actions
Triggers are the events that will trigger the actions.
The bad news is that as this is a brand new plugin, currently there are not so many options.
So far you’ll find:
- Thrive Suite triggers:
- Thrive Apprentice (LMS): user starts a course, lesson or a module, or finishes it, completes all the free lessons of a premium course, tries to access a restricted course…
- Thrive Ovation: user leaves a testimonial
- Thrive Quiz Builder: user finishes a quiz.
- Thrive Ultimatum: user triggers an evergreen campaign.
- Thrive Architect: user submits a form.
- WordPress Triggers: user log-ins or log-outs of account, a password reset link is sent, the user profile is updated, or the user creates a new account.
- General: specific day and date are reached.
- Webhook: the trigger comes from a third-party app. This is also useful for connecting two WordPress sites.
- WooCommerce triggers.
So far, there is no official trigger integration list, so depending on the plugins you have installed on your WordPress, you could see more options here.
The people from Thrive Themes are pushing developers to create direct integrations with Thrive Automator, something that will make this plugin more powerful, and easier to use, as using the webhook integrations could be kind of complicated.
Now you understand why Thrive Automator is free, it’s a way to discover their other great products.
The integration of Thrive Automator with for instance Thrive Apprentice is spectacular, and I hardly doubt that other developers are going to put so much effort into creating something so fluid and powerful.
Something similar happens with the actions currently available.
There are not so many available actions.
If you have the Thrive Suite products you will be able to:
- Start an ultimatum campaign with Thrive Ultimatum
- Grant or remove access to/from a product, or unlock content for a specific user with Thrive Apprentice
You’ll also be able to update the WordPress user, tag the user on your email marketing platform, or start an autoresponder campaign, as well as send webhooks.
Besides those actions, you can also apply delays and filters, so the actions are not always run or don’t run instantly.
Note: these filters are different from the Trigger Filter (click on the clog gear to see its options)
Is Thrive Automator worth it?
If you are a member of the Thrive Suite, then it’s definitely worthwhile that you install Thrive Automator.
Because at least at the time of writing this review, the integrations with Thrive products are very good and are constantly expanding.
If you are not a Thrive Suite user (and you don’t want to be) is also interesting to try Thrive Automator if you use WooCommerce, as this is another of the plugins with which it gets along very well.
Otherwise, Thrive Automator is only interesting if you know and will use webhooks, as currently, many direct integrations are missing.
However, keep in mind that new integrations can appear overnight, so even if you don’t use it for the moment, I recommend you to have the plugin installed and take a look at it from time to time because maybe one of your favorite plugins will integrate with it at some point, and help you automate an important part of your online business.
Leave a Reply