Thrive Suite is a collection of plugins and themes for WordPress designed to make your website look better, convert better and earn more money.
Formerly, the suite was also known as “Thrive Themes”, as they started out designing just WordPress themes, but after a rebranding in 2021, the membership changed the name to Thrive Suite.
If you want to get more traffic, leads, sales, and profits for your business, keep reading the review!
Thrive Suite Pricing
You’ll see more in detail on the pricing of this suite along with the guide, but as a summary, there are two ways of using the plugins/themes offered by the company:
- Purchase a license of the standalone plugin you are interested in (usually valid for just 1 site)
- Or joining their membership and having all their plugins and themes available for up to 5 sites
The membership has a price of $299 per year, and it will allow you to install all the plugins and themes of the suite on up to 5 sites.
You can also join by paying $99 quarterly, but unless you want to try all the products calmly (as compared to using the 30-day money-back guarantee), it makes no sense, as it’s more expensive in the long run.
- Note: if you want, there is also a Thrive Suite Agency License, which costs about $600 per year, but allows you to build up to 50 client websites with their tools.
What about the standalone licenses?
Usually, they are not worth it.
The price ranges between $47 and $97 per year for just 1 site, so, unless you want to achieve something very specific on your website, the best choice is to join the membership.
Thrive Suite Plugins
Currently, there are 9 Plugins included in the membership:
- Thrive Apprentice,
- Thrive Architect,
- Thrive Quiz Builder,
- Thrive Leads,
- Thrive Optimize,
- Thrive Comments,
- Thrive Ultimatum,
- Thrive Ovation,
- And Thrive Automator
Let’s see how they can help you out.
Thrive Apprentice is the plugin that will allow you to create your own online academy/online course on your own WordPress.
Standalone, it costs $97 per year and maybe is the only one plugin that it worth to buy separately if you already have a solution for the rest of the situations, as you’ll probably have just one academy or website with courses.
This plugin was freshly updated in 2022, and now offers a bunch of great features:
- A course listing page: a page where all your courses will reside.
- Design: with an active course homepage, overview, module, lesson and restricted access templates.
- Drag and drop course creation:
- Drip content: automate customer access to your lessons (or modules/courses) with timed schedules and custom triggers.
- Create Cohort Based Courses
- Conditional Display: show different content to different tiers and students
- Ability to import lists of students.
- One-click Course Cloning
- Course bundles
- Native integration with checkout tools like WooCommerce, ThriveCart and SendOwl.
- Integration with Membermouse, MemberPress or WishList Member, if you want to use extra features available on those plugins (but they are not required!)
You can create unlimited courses with Thrive Apprentice, and the plugin works on any WordPress theme.
The next plugin on the list is Thrive Architect, it’s a page builder that will allow you to create all kinds of very professional pages thanks to its drag and drop tools.
The best thing about this plugin is that it includes a lot of templates, not only for the blocks (like CTAs, quotes, buttons…) but for full pages, and even full workflows (like a webinar sign up registration page → confirmation → webinar page)
Thrive Architect offers:
- A fast and reliable drag and drop builder
- Smart Landing Page Templates
- Pre-Built Conversion Elements (buttons, testimonials, countdown timers, lead generation forms…)
- Font Customization
- Full-width layout
- Hover effects
- Toggle the visibility of elements by device
- Instant preview in different sizes
- Integration with many email marketing tools (active campaign, aweber, convertkit, aweber, amazon ses, sendfox…)
- No lock-in
If you want to create stunning homepages, landing, sales pages, or just more beautiful blog posts, this is your plugin.
Thrive Quiz Builder
The Thrive Quiz Builder plugin will allow you to create quizzes for your users in a very simple way.
These questionnaires can be used to gather information about your audience (so that you do not have to use third-party platforms such as Google forms), but they will also be useful for example to get new subscribers since you can include as a step to get to see the results, that the person signs up for your newsletter.
Besides creating complex quizzes with branching logic, Thrive Quiz Builder makes it very easy to visualize what your quiz looks like.
- Build branching quizzes
- Choose between text or image questions
- Use the setup wizard for saving time and avoid mistakes when creating a quiz
- Built-in badge creator to give your users something to share
- Powerful Analytics (track across time, starting vs. finishing quizzes, quiz flows, individual question stats, social sharing stats…
- Quiz templates
- A/B testing
And much more!
Thrive Leads is the plugin in charge of creating subscription forms so you can capture leads for your newsletter.
You can create inline forms (to be embedded within the articles), at the end of the articles, popups, screen fillers, top or bottom bars…and many more options.
The best thing about these forms is that they can be embedded in your web using logical rules.
For example, you can include them in all your articles, use different forms for each post category or tag, in specific articles or pages, and many more options.
This feature will allow you to segment your audience in an easy way.
With this plugin you’ll be able to:
- Create professional-looking lead forms thanks to the templates included
- Increase your conversions, targeting different offers to different users
- Do A/B tests and automatically pick a winner
- Get actionable reports and insights
- Create smart-links so already subscribed users don’t see your forms (or see a different content!)
Thrive Optimize will let you create A/B tests of your pages to discover which one performs better.
Bad news is that it only works with Thrive Architectbecause is more like an add-on than a standalone plugin.
It’s really easy to use.
All you have to do is create your page, and then a variation (using the easy Thrive Architect builder), pick a conversion goal, and just start the test.
With Thrive Optimize you’ll have:
- Unlimited A/B tests
- A/B test with as many variations as you want
- 3 conversion goals: page visit, opt-in form submission or revenue
- Detailed reporting
- Automatic Winner
- Custom Traffic Distribution
A must if you want to level up your marketing game.
Thrive Comments is a very easy-to-understand plugin since its main purpose is to replace the comments box that WordPress offers by default.
In addition to a better design, with Thrive Comments you can for example:
- Allow users to vote for the best answers (Reddit style!)
- Add badges to people who comment the most, or who accumulate more votes,
- Set post-comment actions for the first and subsequent times someone writes you a comment (to suggest visiting other articles, sharing the article on social media, or subscribing to your newsletter)
- Automatically link certain keywords of any comment to URLs that you define
- Mark comments as featured
- Access to a comment moderation dashboard and a reporting tool
- Allow posting from social accounts
The comments are not lock-in, if you ever stop using the plugin, all the comments will remain as a WordPress ones.
Thrive Ultimatum is the best plugin for creating countdowns and putting some pressure on your readers, which will increase your conversions like crazy, it’s a basic tool if you have any sales page on your blog.
With Thrive Ultimatum:
- You’ll be able to add those countdowns as Widgets, banners, or even as inline content.
- You can create fixed date campaigns for creating limited offers, recurring Campaigns, or evergreen campaigns.
- Lockdown feature: the lockdown feature ensures that the countdown will always stay true, even if a visitor switches devices, uses different browsers or clears their cookies.
- Many designs to pick from
- Segmentation tools for only showing the countdowns on specific pages, in blog posts of specific categories or by any other criterium
This plugin is not only useful for selling your own products, but also for increasing affiliate transactions, or building your email list faster.
The Thrive Ovation plugin will let you easily collect testimonials from customers, either by transforming them from a WordPress comment in which they have left a noteworthy opinion, importing it from a Tweet, or directly, capturing them through a form built for that purpose.
Besides collecting these testimonials, you can also easily display them anywhere on your website, using predesigned templates.
Testimonials boost conversions on sales pages, that’s why it’s recommended that you include them in your online strategy.
Thrive Automator is the last addition to the Thrive Suite family.
It’s a plugin that allows you to automate tasks within your own WordPress, for example, activating a temporary discount for a paid product when a user signs up for or completes a free course.
As this is a “brand new” plugin, its capabilities are a bit limited, but in the coming months, you’ll be able to do more and more with it.
So far, it works pretty well with the rest of the plugins from the Suite.
For instance, with Thrive Automator you’ll be able to:
- Add tags to your email subscribers when they complete specific lessons or modules in your course created with Thrive Apprentice, which is pretty awesome.
- Or maybe you want to enroll a student into an online course when they achieve a certain score in a Quiz you made with Thrive Quiz Builder
There are really good features planned for Thrive Automator:
- An app library of 3rd party apps
- Outgoing webhook actions, so you can trigger off-site services
- Dynamic data, so the data you pass to actions can adapt dynamically to triggers.
- Send email action: get notified or notify your visitors when trigger conditions are met
And so on, keep an eye on this plugin because its future is promising.
Sadly, there are two plugins that are not under development anymore on Thrive Suite.
If you ever read about these anywhere, you should know that they are not available anymore:
- Thrive Clever Widgets: allowed you to show different widgets on different posts/pages using conditional logic.
- Headline Optimizer: allowed you to make A/B tests just with the title of your post/pages, in order to see which ones would perform better and attract more clicks.
Thrive Themes Builder and Themes
Besides all the fantastic plugins you’ve seen (now you are probably feeling that the Thrive Suite membership is indeed cheap, as it will save you several $ as you won’t need to buy more plugins) you also have available a Theme Builder.
This is like Thrive Architect, with superpowers.
Instead of just designing a page on your site, you’ll be able to design your entire website (footer, sidebar, footer, blog…) All in less than 15min, thanks to a set-up wizard, the front-end builder, and the hundreds of elements already available.
Best of all?
You don’t have to start 100% from scratch, as wit the builder there are also available 3 companion themes that will make the design of the final website even easier:
- Shapeshift: a modern and professional-looking companion theme.
- Ommi: a soft and inviting companion theme.
- And Kwik: a lightning-fast, fuss-free companion theme optimized for CWV (Core Web Vitals)
Thanks to the Thrive Theme Builder, it’s super easy to have your dream theme, without spending a fortune hiring expensive designers.
With the Thrive Suite, it’s also included access to the Thrive University, where you’ll be able to join courses (created with Thrive Apprentice of course), about different marketing topics, like SEO, online events, funnels, list building…
How to use Thrive Suite
It’s impossible to explain in this guide how each of these plugins works, but at least, I wanted you to know how easy is to install and use the “Thrive Suite“.
Once you join the suite, you’ll just have to download the Thrive Product Manager plugin from the account you’ve created during the checkout.
Now, just install that plugin from your WordPress panel, log in with your Thrive Suite customer data, and you are almost done.
You just have to select the plugins you want to use and click the “install button” on the bottom.
Thrive Suite, is it worth it?
At least if you want to treat your blog/web as a business and not as a hobby.
Remember that all of these plugins and themes are designed to make your website look better, convert better, and earn more money, so, in the span of one year, you should improve your business enough thanks to them, and thus amortize the subscription cost.
The Thrive Suite is indeed one of the cheapest solutions out there.
Compare for instance Thrive Leads ($299 yearly if you pick the membership) with its competitor OptinMonster, which only captures leads, and the most popular plan costs $348/year (and it’s limited to 25,000 Pageviews!)
Besides that, from Thrive Suite don’t stop adding useful features (each week!) at no extra cost to you, it’s a solid company that you can trust, that will definitely help you improve your online presence and your business.
Leave a Reply